Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Worst Gear, Anyway

Job hunting is such a drag! Gotta find one that is close to home, so "Jade" can stay at hers. Might have to go back to fast food. This is what writers do?! Yep, this is what struggling writers do: They do what is necessary to bring home a pay check. "Would you like fries with that?" My BSBA going to good work. Guess I should have never left Arby's. Truck driving was good. Truck stops are evil, though. I hate them. Driving trash trucks aren't much better.

If I were to try my hand at driving truck again, I'd do things differently. I'd get out and look every time I had to back up. Certainly cant think that you're all that and a bag of chips when you drive such a big vehicle. I didn't respect the truck as much as I should have. I certainly got what I deserved. However, IF I was able to redo the whole truck driving thing, I'd do it differently. I'd treat the truck like I would a horse. I'd make sure the truck's needs came before my own. Then my family's needs would be next. Last, my own. Granted my health would be important, but not to the point of where it would be first on my list.

Pray that I find a job quickly. Pray that I am able to get into UCCS to increase my education and marketablity. If life is what you make of it, then the mess I have made is gonna have to take a back seat. I'll mend bridges as I go, but I'm not gonna drive in reverse. It is my worst gear, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment, and wish to remain anonymous, please indicate which squadron you belong to, and what your call sign is. All inapropriate comments will be dealt with